Monday, December 19, 2011

Confession #26 Celebrate Yourself!

A few days ago, I shared with someone close to me about the response I have been getting from my blog. I was expecting some kind of "I'm proud of you" or "Congratulations", and I got neither. Expectations will get you every time. The one person I seeked to please my whole my life is the one person that my expectations will always be greater than what they should be. See I believe God will heal our relationship and bring us closer together with a bond so strong that a "I love you" or "I'm proud of you" won't seem so strange and out the ordinary.

As I thought about what just happened after the conversation was over, I asked myself "Are you proud of you?" Looking back to where I started my year off in 2011 and the position im in now, I will not wait for the next person to pat me on my back. I am proud of me! I may not be where I want to be, but Im sure the heck far along from where I used to be. This year has been life changing for me. I'm able now to look past my failures and move forward while taking advatage of new opportunities God placed in my life. I'm able to look at the things that I go through, whether good or bad, in a greater light. No matter what happens, God has a plan that is being manifested. If I lose my job, God has a plan. If I lose my car, God has plan. If I lose my apartment, God has a plan. If I lose my sight, God has a plan. If I lose my boyfriend, God has a plan. If I lose my bestfiriend, God has a plan. If I lose my mother, God has a plan. For the race is not given to the swift nor to the strong, but to the one that endureth until the end. Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to HIS purpose for them.

And it just hit me while writing this post! Why am I living my life to get a "Job well done" from man? No matter who it is. Whether it's my mother, my father, my husband, or my boss. At the end of the day, God is my father and who I have to answer to for the work done here on earth. In everything I do, I will seek to please him and only him.


Conclusion, celebrate yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back. We all know that it's only because of God's grace that we made it. So celebrate yourself for making it this far and allow God to continue to direct  your path according to his will.


Check out today's thrift pick.


Hair by April; Wardrobe by Jamie




2 comments:

E. Louise said...

LOVE this Top!!! Bray look CUTE!!!
it's nice to be able to pat yourself on the back, but it's also nice to have that circle of encouragement. The people who can see your dream even when you can't! I don't know you but I love your style! Can we get more pics of you??? LOL

TrendiConfessions said...

You are sooo right. Im glad God did bless me with a great circle of friends who keeps me lifted. And thanks love! Lol @ the pics of me. Hopefully I will have some up pretty soon so stay tuned! Have a blessed Merry Christmas! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops