Friday, December 16, 2011

Confession #25 The Power of Prayer

Prayer still works. Right when you are least expecting it and you think all your prayers are going unanswered, God will step in and show you that he is still God. A few months ago I was going through a very difficult time and was struggling with some major decisions. I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed, but it seemed as if God had my mic on mute. However, I kept praying. Eventually one door cracked opened and for me this seemed to be the perfect opportunity. I was so excited and told everyone the news before the door even fully opened. Guess what? That door closed.

So I said, ok Lord. Obviously that wasn't for me. So I kept on praying and praying and praying and praying. I was so eager to get out of my situation and became overly frustrated with God. What have I done to deserve this? Im trying my best to do right, shouldn't that account for anything? We as young people get so impatient, so lazy, and then walk around complaining like God owes us something. 

My pastor, PMJ, asked a question one day; What if God blessed you at the rate you blessed him? Wow. We willing to go spend hundreds on clothes and shoes and cars and jewelry, but not even willing to give him just 10%. We willing to go to the club and dance to Tony Montana, but come to his house (if that) and  sit as if you don't have the ability to move. We willing to go work a 8-5 Monday through Friday, but not willing to give him at least 2 hours for just 1 day a week.  We willing to take out time to read through posts on FB, call the gossip crew to be messy and blast someone else business, but not willing to go to God in prayer and blast your owns and ask for forgiveness of your sins. We willing to judge others efforts to a make a real change in their life but not willing to put ourselves in reflection to see what we need to change about ourselves. It's a shame that we are always looking for handouts from God but never willing to give back to God.

Later i found myself questioning, well am I praying for the right things? Is there something about my prayer life I need to change? What am I doing wrong? But one night, something woke me up out of my sleep and I immediately started praying. Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. I knew that God was up to something and that is was working on my behalf. That night I prayed for just one door to open. The next day, before 12, three doors had opened. Later that day, 3 more doors had opened. I was in awe. Although neither of those doors I decided to walk through for what ever reason, Im grateful that he allowed me to experience his power. The mere fact that Im still here means God is not through with me yet

Young people, there is nothing too hard for God. I believe that  with all my heart and you should too. You can't expect something from God you are not willing to give back to him (Minister D. McClure). 


Check out today's thrift pick. Floral print shirt and belt rocked with some boyfriend cut jeans.

Hair by April, make-up by Jamie







3 comments:

Sassi said...

wow, I love your outfit! those shoes are to die for!
X

E. Louise said...

So I was telling a girl this not too long ago. She was saying that she was not sure what to pray for, my response was this was the best time to pray...To let her spirit go before the Lord. Hmmmm I love it when the God provides reassurance and confirmations!!

SN: Cherie looks AMAZING!!!!

TrendiConfessions said...

alright now! You betta say that!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops